This post is all about the NEW PASSPORT APPLICANT and the required papers, documents and must do's for you in the process. Please that the following list of requirements were actually taken from the official website of DFA to avoid confusion and misinformation.
REQUIREMENTS FOR FIRST TIME PASSPORT APPLICANTS
- Personal Appearance is required.
- Duly accomplished application form.
- Birth Certificate (BC) in Security Paper (SECPA) issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO); for born 1950 & below, Negative Birth Record from NSO & Joint Birth Affidavit from Two Disinterested Persons if no record from NSO.
- Three (3) colored photos of the applicant taken against a royal blue background & no shadow. Applicant should be in decent attire with collar & sleeves and in dark-colored shirt. Photo must be studio taken & of good quality, and must have been taken within the last six (6) months. Photo size: 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm. Facial image size: About 3cm-tip of head to chin; with 8-10mm head clearance from top edge. Ears and forehead should be visible. Wearing of accessories, colored contact lenses or eyeglasses, with name/name board are not allowed. DFA has the right to reject photos that do not comply with specifications and international standards.
- Original ID i.e. Senior Citizen's ID, Voter's ID, digitized government-issued IDs like SSS, PRC, BIR, Driver's License, original school ID (for students only) AND original supporting documents indicating full name, date and place of birth and citizenship (Please refer to the list below)
- If late registered, submit 2 original supporting documents indicating full name, date and place of birth and citizenship prior to date of late registration.
- NBI Clearance (not required if presenting 2 digitized Identification Cards.)
- Certified True Copy (CTC) of BC issued by the Local Civil Registrar if BC secpa is unreadable
- MC secpa of parents if Last & Middle name are foreign sounding (Chua, Ong, etc)
Such would be:
- For married women, who want to use surname of their spouse
- For married women who would like to revert back to their maiden name
- For Minors (below 18 years old)
- If minor is NOT traveling with either parent
- If traveling with father only
- If both parents are abroad:
- If Illegitimate, traveling with father
- For Muslim applicants - For those whose births were registered
- For Muslim applicants - For those whose births were not registered
- For converts
If you need more precise information please head straight to the official website of DFA at DFA.Gov.Ph or at the online passport of DFA called PASSPORT DIRECT at passport.com.ph.